I finally finished this blouse from a Built by Wendy pattern (Simplicity 4112). I quite like this pattern, it was very easy but I didn’t follow the sewing directions at all. I’m sure they were adequate, I never really follow those sewing steps. They usually have you do all these "home sewing" things rather than ways to make it easier and look more professional – so I usually ignore them. Though word to the seam allowance wise here, the seam allowances vary – some are 3/8" and some are 5/8" so make sure you check the pattern before you start sewing.
Okay, mini-rant over. I used some calico from the stash. I should have made the body a scosh bigger across the boobage because this fabric is a bit grabby. I’m sure I’ll make this blouse again, but I’ll try it with a stretchy woven or something with a bit more drape. Don’t get me wrong, I quite like this blouse. I hope to make some of the other lovely patterns in the Built by Wendy group as soon as Halloween sewing is completed. (Vampire Princess costume this year for "fake" niece Zoe.) I’ve got ten yards of black tulle with my name on it. Wish me luck.