So I’m pretty far on my Ariann sweater. Pretty damn far. I’d been steadily decreasing after joining sleeves to body and decided to count stitches between the markers to match apples to apples. Well as you can imagine, I had differing numbers of stitches in sections that should have been the same. Argh.
I decided that I’d rip down to the body/sleeve join and start anew. It’s not really that much of a pain in order to get a symmetrical sweater. So out comes the needle in ripping preparation.
I then had another idea. I know, quit thinking – nothing but trouble. How about trying the darn thing on to figure out if it’s really as SMALL as it looks. Tried it on and almost cut off the circulation in my torso. So here I am yanking on the body trying to simulate blocking, and muttering to myself "I got gauge – WTF!"
I may rip the whole thing out and start all over. I don’t want a sweater this tight and don’t think blocking will be the miracle cure for which I’d hoped. It’ll rest in the knitting basket and maybe tomorrow I should steam block it and try it on again. For now, I’ll sulk.