I finished my Ariann. I quite like this one (the previous one ended up with my sister since it was too small) and it does fit me this time around. I used some reclaimed yarn from a sweater my sister made me ages ago and figured that was fair since she got my first Ariann.
As you can see for the utterly crappy picture, it’s hard to photograph yourself in a black sweater. I took a few more pix of the unmodelled sweater so you could actually see that it’s a lovely pattern and not just the shapeless black blob I photographed.
After blocking the sleeves were too long and the sweater really become soft and drapey. In fact I will have to back the button bands with black grosgrain ribbon to beef those up. I want nice firm center front bands, not those soft schloopy wobblers I have now. I think if you choose a nice firm wool that wouldn’t be as much of an issue, but my mystery yarn is super drapey.
The specs for this project are rather unknown. The yarn is mystery reclaimed wool (possibly a blend of wool/silk), the buttons were from the button box stash and the pattern is Ariann. My only mod will be to back the button bands with grosgrain ribbon. Easy, fun and wearable. A good project.