Rather maddeningly, the cable modem died at the house the other day. Oh well, it was at least 2 years old and I’m told that that is a reasonable lifespan for such a device. Silly, but there you are. I dutifully purchased another modem and set it up, called the cable company (heretofore referred to as “motherfuckers”) to have them activate the new MAC address. Sounds simple right? Well that was 7/1 and it’s now 7/3 and bupkiss. They’ve got a “higher level” of support working on this “problem”. Sigh. I’m annoyed. I checked to see if I could get Verizon FIOS, and no – not yet available.
Luckily it’s a holiday so I had to go to work. No holidays off for me, but work means hotel rooms with wireless internet. Yay! I can bore you with all the chores I did in lieu of not surfing the internet to emailing friends.
- There was car maintenance. No photos, so sorry as it’s just too boring.
- There was much cooking. I broke a pyrex after broiling some marinated tofu. Oops.
- Vacuuming, ditto the boring.
- Stalking drivers with stupid things written on their cars. Photo evidence: gang-style stick on lettering proclaiming “Hot Moma”. I shit you not. Either the car owner is EXTREMELY into modern art, or can’t spell worth shite and let us all in on their shameful secret with auto stick on lettering. Too bad car windows don’t have spellcheck.
- Knitting progress – Thermal front almost has one should done. Almost.
Have a beautiful 4th and don’t set anything on fire.