As my sister once said, I have fit issues when I knit. I don't really know why, perhaps it's just not attention to swatching or I'm making the wrong size. What ev. I did decideto baste my CPH together to see if the darn thing would fit if I finished it.
So as you can see in the crap picture, I basted the sides up and safety pinned the shoulders. Ok, that was fine. It looked like one of those weird vests folks wore in the 70s with their bell bottoms and forehead strings, but fine. I decided to try to close up the front seam to see if I could. Well I could close it up with straight pins, but it's tight.
Not to worry though, I've got to add the 2 1/2" front bands. I think the fit should be pretty good with the additional 2 1/2" bands. It will fit just fine over tshirts, which is as layered up as I need to get in California. I think I may end up actually wearing this sweater if my prognostications hold up. (As opposed to giving many of my finished objects to Goodwill – which is what usually happens btw.)