I finally buckled down and finished the last few bits of this sundress. I used some poppy printed cotton and New Look #6774 which has you pick the elements of the dress you want in a frankensteiny way. I used D, J, K and L (I think). Note: I would not recommend the curved straps for beginner sewers, as they're a bit awkward to manage.
Of course I didn't sew it up the way they wanted and to confuse matters further I used an invisible zipper which has different installation needs. I ended up having to sew the front bodice facing in by hand, which as you know, means the dress won that particular battle.
I think it just needs a stitch at the boob crossover so I don't flash the masses, not that there's anything wrong with that…Summer sewing is kinda like potato chips, can't stop with one.