A cute detail of the Shellseeker pattern is the split shirttail hem. I did suspect that my yarn would flip that ribbing over and no amount of blocking could prevent that from happening when wearing this sweater. I think a more drapey yarn would work fine, and there are numerous examples that don’t seem to being indulging in the circus antics my front hem seems to favor.
Knowing all that, I gave it a try anyway while watching an episode The Killing (the Danish one of course) last night. I’m a little bit sick and have taken up residence in my bed for the next few days and am taking quantities of Chinese herbs and tinctures to stave off further sickness. That is good news for knitting progress so I had the time to try the cute hem.
I’m ripping it out and planning on about 2″ of regular old 2×2 ribbing then starting sleeves. The neck edge is still rolling like a mother f-er but I did find another knitter picked up those neck stitches and did a 3 stitch i-cord bind off that solved the problem well and attractively. I shall give that a try too! Home stretch knitting approaching! Good news since I ALREADY bought my next sweater’s worth of yarn…top down set in sleeve experiment for those interested in that.