My sewing mojo is slowly coming back to life. Luckily this coincided with the release of the Audrey C pattern from MariaDenmark. This is good basic knit dress pattern that she’s released in both B and C cup versions. I snapped up the Audrey C version, printed it out and only moaned a little bit while taping up and cutting out the pattern. I’m not a fan of taping and cutting even though it’s not a hard process. This pattern is just front/back/sleeve/cuff/facings so it’s not too onerous a task.
Next step was to find some fabric in the stash that would work. The only piece that was suitable was this cerise cotton/rayon that I don’t remember buying. It’s got a fair bit of 4 way stretch and is textured with a slight stripe effect. The fabric is beefy enough to be dress so this was the winner. Too much cling would be icky in a dress, no? Fabric selection is pretty key to making a success of this pattern and I’d love to try it in a ponte.
I added 3/8″ seam allowance to the pattern since I planned to serge this puppy together like my dining room sewing space was a sweat shop. Heck ya – power sewing. Because most of the sewing was done on the serger this only took a couple of hours to put together and I followed the directions exactly (I know!). Easy as pie. This should make a good travel dress with leggings or tights. I plan on making another when I find some nice material for it. Maria’s version is made from tiny polka dots and is freaking adorable. Eyes open for dotty fabric!
P.S. I had to take pics in the kitchen because the sun blazes down on my usual morning picture spot by the afternoon. I hadn’t noticed before how well my hair matches the cabinets…enjoy my appliances yo!
PatternReview here for more details.