As the title intimates, I’ve made another garment that’s not “best”. I came across Bronte Top by Jennifer Lauren Vintage and thought I’d give it a try. I’ve been looking for a pattern with that lapped kind of neckline and couldn’t find one until now. Because I have lots of knits hanging around I thought I’d make up a quick version to check fit before cutting into one of my striped fabrics (I see this as a sailor type top you know).
Bronte was quite easy to make up and seems to fit pretty well. There are a few tweaks to the length and sleeve length that I’ll make, but I think this is a pattern that is ready to go. So here is my muslin made from a burnout rayon that sticks to itself (yes, like that striped dress from the entry before). I didn’t like sewing this fabric so the remainder will go in the Goodwill bag. I think this muslin will make a good workout top so it should have a full sweaty life outside the house.