Having quickly received my Brooklyn Tweed Shelter for Grettir, I thought I’d dive right in and swatch up. I’ve managed to get gauge in the round and promptly started my sleeve. According to my sister swatches lie, so sleeve as swatch proof procedure has been implemented.
I’ve ripped this little ribbed cuff out about 3 times. While that kind of sucks, I did have the opportunity to master the tubular cast on described in the pattern. It’s much easier to do than the version I learned in my Montse Stanley book. So that’s my plus, I guess.
My issue is that my ribbing was way too loose. I sized down to size 2 dpns and it was still to huge. I ended up taking 8 stitches out of the ribbing and it’s better, but still not tight. The good news is that my ribbing is pretty much bullet proof.
I’m now knitting my way up the sleeve and increasing via the pattern method, again a nice and well thought out way to do it. So far I’m finding the Grettir pattern well engineered and the Shelter is nice to work with. So far so good, but am keeping my eye on those sleeve increases. Happy knitting.