Finally!! I finished something. It seems like I hit a work patch there and couldn’t do much craftwise.
Here is a basic cotton voile blouse cut out weeks ago and sewed up last week. I finally added the buttons this weekend so it’s done. The pattern is Kwik Sew 3555 and is a classic button front blouse with breast pocket, collar and stand, cuffs and a shirt tail hem.
I’d initially planned to sew this up following the most excellent Craftsy class “The Classic Tailored Shirt” by Pam Howard. I’ve made a shirt following the class before and it’s a great way to learn, plus you end up with a high quality shirt. Unfortunately, I cut out the blouse forgetting that Kwik Sew uses 1/4″ seam allowances and the tailoring techniques in Pam’s class use 5/8″ SA for the tailored techniques. I didn’t remember until after the blouse had been cut out so I just sewed it up following the Kwik Sew directions, which are fine.
The blouse turned out well and has been worn, so success there. I do have some more voile in the stash that I’d like to use with a more fitted blouse pattern so this may be the first shirt of many. Eventually. Tomorrow I’m making some sauce from the 2 pounds of sweet tomatoes I bought today.